This 1979 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 is for sale on Classic American.
This car is black and has 18,308 miles on rebuilt engine (rebuilt in 1997 with 18,787 miles, so less than 37,000 miles from new).
It was rebuilt by drag racer Andrew ‘Fred’ Hone and included new pistons, rings, rockers and shaft, valves and springs, all bearings, cam shaft, timing chain kit, oil pump, water pump, all core plugs. Crankshaft was re-ground, bores honed and block was decked, heads fully rebuilt and skimmed.
It’s a 3 speed auto with a new interior and new Britax mohair sunroof (Only 2nd Gen in UK with one that I know of!)
All new suspension, handles better than most modern cars. Imported from Pro Touring F-Body and is their uprated GT suspension kit (shocks, dampers, springs), front and rear sway bars, subframe connectors, body bushings
New American racing Torq Thrust II alloys (18×10” rear, 18×8” front) wrapped in Nitto 555 G2 tyres (285/40/18 rear and 245/40/18 front), with less than 1,000 miles on them.
It has a Optima Yellow Top battery, Flowmaster Super 44 mufflers and it’s tax & MOT exempt. It also had it’s owners manual.
The car drives fantastically, it is powerful and accelerates well, plus with all the new suspension changes, new wheels and tyres it handles amazing! The grip from the Nitto tyres is also a bit of a shock!
There is almost no squeaks or rattles, just the lovely sound of that Small Block Chevy V8 burble (or roar with your foot down!).
- Some body rust – however have already collected spares which come with the sale (two doors, two sills, two rear panels – yes probably slight overkill, but I didn’t want to pass up the opportunity to get them!). I have taken photos of the rust spots and can send these to anyone interested, but worth viewing for yourself.
- Generally the paint is pretty good, but is showing its age, there is some cracks and other marks, some of which should polish out, others would need touching up (if you wanted). As you can see from the photos though you have to get up close to see these and overall it presents itself well.
- Front windscreen has a crack passenger side corner. It happened years ago and is not getting worse
- Small oil leak
- Rev counter read high (but its an auto so never bothered me. There is also an aftermarket one included but not wired up)
- Driver’s window mechanism needs adjusting or replacing (have spares)
Seller is only selling as they have already bought an earlier 2nd Gen Camaro and unfortunately they don’t need to keep both.
- Price: £13,750 ono
- Location: in Ruislip, West London
- Contact: Tel 0781 3046981